BECOME A PART OF META4CE
IT Solutions Architect.
We’re looking for an IT Solutions Architect (SA) to build up and mature Architecture Services for our customers.
Meta4ce, part of De Cronos Groep, delivers strategic and enterprise architecture consultancy services to medium-sized organizations.
When organizations are facing highly disruptive events or find themselves in a critical phase of their enterprise journey, we’re happy to help them rethink, define, and orchestrate their Enterprise Architecture.
We’re looking for an IT Solutions Architect (SA) to build and mature our Architecture services for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand the architecture needs of multiple business units. To be effective in this position, you must feel comfortable owning the entire architecture development process from inception to completion.
The Solutions Architect (SA) is the interface between business and technology development needs and provides the Solution Architecture and/or Assessments on the received business requirements by producing proper Solution Architecture & Design Documents.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for preparing the Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Application Architectures diagrams for the project.
If/when needed, SA provides alternative solutions, and technology choices and advises the stakeholders on how to realize best an initiative/project from an architecture point of view taking into account various factors such as cost of ownership, cloud vs on-prem technology choices, etc.
SA ensures that all impacted technological areas (within application components, interfaces, physical infrastructure, cloud services, etc.) are assessed, optimally implemented, and aligned to the architecture roadmap.
The solutions Architect will defend its proposed architecture to the different stakeholders within IT and Business as part of the program/project governance.
Additionally, SA will provide the quality review of the detailed analysis documents in the project development process in order to facilitate the implementation and operation of new systems, products, and services in time, within budget, and to defined quality standards, aligned with the company strategy, business needs.
Responsibilities of a Solutions Architect
- Working with the business stakeholders to understand requirements, functionalities, and business processes
- Evaluating and understanding business requirements and also writing the technical requirements with the goal to support business initiatives
- Defining the solution Architecture and/or possible solution alternatives for projects in line with the vision and paying attention to efficiency, implementability, reusability, and other architecture principles
- Defining and Presenting Solution Architecture (Conceptual, Logical, and physical) for Architecture peer reviews
- Follow up the project plan and timelines together with the project manager and project team and deliver Solution documentation and other supporting artifacts as and when required by the team.
- Guides and verifies choices made in the build phase, leading to a coherent system. If applicable, validates the implementation of the architecture and/or test it.
- Defining the non-functional requirements (e.g. privacy, performance, data compliance, stability & availability) and applying them during overall solutions
- Determining the essential steps (such as e.g. migration plans, processes, frameworks, tooling, blueprints, and/or migration paths) that should be taken to complete the business requirements successfully.
- Working with fellow architects and experts to define and align on the solution approach and to ensure that the solution is compliant with the domain architecture principles.
- Providing necessary insights to facilitate decisions making and setting priorities
Skills and Qualifications of a Solutions Architect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- A few years of relevant working experience
- Advanced knowledge of leading architecture solutions in the industry area
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and a good understanding of Microservices architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Java/J2EE technology
- Good knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
- Familiar with Application Front and Backend frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Node JS and Angular, JQuery, Bootstrap)
- Familiar with the concept of different Web services (SOAP (WSDL), RESTful, etc.)
- CICD knowledge and familiarity with tools like GitHub, DevOps, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Bamboo, or similar
- Agile and Lean approaches including automation release, scripting (Bicep, Terraforms, PowerShell, etc.)
- Container concepts with Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.
- Interest in and knowledge of modern technology such as Virtualization, Microservices, API management, Enterprise Service Bus, (Hybrid) Cloud, Rest API, etc.
- Basic knowledge of various security topics, such as HTTPS/SSL, Public Key Infrastructure, API security, etc.
- Experience in modeling (ArchiMate, BPMN, UML,…) and graphic representations
- Able to guide key stakeholders in their strategic roadmaps and blueprints.
- Excellent Dutch and/or French communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent salary package (Employee) or competitive daily rate (Freelancer)
- Company car with fuel card (Employee)
- Mobile phone and laptop of your choice (Employee)
- Lunch allowance (Employee)
- Pension plan and health insurance (Employee)
- Work anywhere – remote first working (unless specified differently by our customer)
- Personalized training plan (hard skills)
- Full creativity
- Growth toward Enterprise Architecture
- Multiple team events with monthly gatherings
- Being part of the Meta4ce and the Blacksmiths family